Cellar Arts Club C.I.C.
This is an Agreement between you (the “Member” or “You”) and The Cellar Arts Club C.I.C. (“The Cellar Arts Club”, “The Club”, “us”, “We” or “we”), a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 10733161), whose registered office is at 70 Marine Parade, Worthing, BN11 3QB.
By completing the joining process at our website and becoming a Member of The Cellar Arts Club, you are accepting all the terms and conditions in this Membership Agreement. You should only join if you have read them and accept them.
- Membership: your agreement to specific terms with us, which can be on various terms and conditions
- Annual Membership price: Upon joining, this is the amount you agree to pay each month for your Membership, by recurring card payments.
- Fixed Membership price: upon joining, this is the amount you agree to pay upfront for your fixed term membership type.
- Fixed Membership: This is a membership term type. Upon joining you pay an upfront membership fee to obtain a membership for a set period of time (e.g. 12 months) from the day of joining. The end date of this term will be visible on the sign-up page.
- Promotional Rate: In relation to any Annual Membership Amount and/or the amount payable from time to time for any category of Membership, the introductory or other promotional amount you agree to pay during the introductory period specified in the promotional or introductory offer.
Starting your Membership
- Our joining process is an online process. Full membership prices and options can be found on our website (www.cellarartsclub.com), to be selected by you as part of the joining process. By completing the online joining process and becoming a Member of The Cellar Arts Club, you are accepting all the terms and conditions in this Membership Agreement (insofar as they are applicable). You should only join if you have read them and accept them.
- This Membership Agreement starts once you have accepted the terms during the online joining process or by other means with us. By accepting the terms, you are agreeing to pay any applicable Joining Fee, Administration Fee, Membership Amount Annual Membership Amount. These are shown at the start of the joining process and again before you confirm your payment instruction.
- Your Membership starts immediately.
- You confirm that you are at least 18 years old. Please note that you must provide on request valid proof of age if we believe you to be under the age of 18. If you are unable to provide valid proof of age on request your membership may be terminated.
- You will be liable for any damage caused to our equipment or facilities through your negligent use.
- You agree to tell us immediately of any changes to your personal details, including contact information; this should be done by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using the rights and privileges of Membership
- We will make reasonable endeavours to make available to you the rights and privileges of Membership of the Club you joined and have paid for. We will make reasonable endeavours to communicate to you in advance if we are unable to make available to you the rights and privileges of Membership.
Changing your Membership
- Membership types can be changed. Fees may apply. Details can be found online on our website.
- If you have a discounted Membership and you change to a new Membership product, you will waive the right to the discount (or any Promotional Rate) on the original Membership and pay the standard price on the new Membership.
- If you have a discounted Membership and your Membership is terminated, you will waive the right to the discount and pay the advertised Membership Amount or Annual Membership Amount if you later choose to re-join The Cellar Arts Club.
- We reserve the right to change the access privileges of members with Membership packages that allow access to multiple Club locations.
- We may, with reasonable notice and at our discretion, close our premises for reasonable periods of time to carry out maintenance, repairs, refurbishment, cleaning or for other reasons outside of our control. We will endeavour to reopen facilities as soon as is reasonably possible in these circumstances. You agree that you will not be eligible for any refund for the temporary interruption in services during the period.
- We reserve the right to increase, reduce or withdraw certain facilities, services, or activities as well as change opening times in the Club either permanently or temporarily at any time. Where possible we will aim to give at least 1 weeks’ notice of any changes.
Managing your permissions and data
- You can contact us with any queries or concerns by emailing email@example.com from (or quoting) the email address that we hold for you.
- If your Membership has an initial Membership Amount fee, you agree to pay us the full Membership Amount by credit or debit card. You will be notified of any applicable Membership Amount at the end of the online joining process, and this amount will be confirmed to you by email.
- If your Membership has a recurring Annual Membership Amount fee, you agree to maintain a valid credit or debit card payment method for the Annual Membership Amount. You may notify us of new card details at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting a new card details form.
- Your first Annual Membership Amount is payable on completion of the sign-up process whether this is online or in person at the Club. An invoice and payment receipt will be issued to you by email confirming the amount paid. Subsequent Annual Membership payments will be due on the same day of each yearh until your Membership is cancelled.
- If the terms on which you are accepted as a Member include an initial Promotional Rate, you agree to pay the discounted Promotional Rate as a recurring Annual Membership Amount during the introductory period specified in the promotional or introductory offer and that thereafter we may debit for the higher standard Annual Membership Amount specified in the promotional offer (or such higher rate as might apply) in respect of each successive year after the introductory period has lapsed and unless or until your Membership is cancelled.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change your Annual Membership Amount fee. If this happens we’ll notify you by email not less than 3 weeks before the change is made. You are able to cancel your membership within this period, and if we don’t hear from you within the period the new Annual Membership Amount fee will apply automatically.
- You agree to pay us the Annual Membership Amount regardless of whether there is any temporary interruption in services during the period, foreseen or unforeseen. In circumstances where we are required to close or restrict facilities for any reason no refunds will be due.
- If any payment due from you is returned unpaid or not honoured, we reserve the right to charge you an Administration Fee of £15. This Fee may be varied from time to time.
Ending your Membership
- You have the right to cancel this Agreement within 14 days from the start of the Agreement without giving any reason, but you must let us know you wish to do so within the 14-day period. You may email us at email@example.com.
- In case of dispute you must show that you cancelled the Agreement in accordance with the cancellation terms, but for these purposes it will be sufficient to show that you sent your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period had expired.
- We will refund to you any Joining Fee, Membership Amount and Annual Membership Amount you have paid us, but the refunded amount will be reduced by an amount in proportion to the number of days between the start of your Membership and the date you communicated to us that you wanted to cancel. Any additional donations made will not be refunded. Refunds will be made no later than 30 days after the day on which we were informed about your decision to cancel, and will be made using the same means of payment you used for the initial transaction.
- After the 14-day cancellation period you may terminate your Membership at any time by contacting our member service team at firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be given and your membership will cease immediately.
- We will terminate this Agreement and your Membership with immediate effect if you do not pay any applicable Joining Fee, Administration Fee, Membership Amount or Annual Membership Amount when it falls due.
- We may terminate this Agreement and cancel your Membership with immediate effect on notice to you if you breach any of the terms. In this event you will no longer be able to access any of the benefits of Membership and we will not give any refund.
- If we do not terminate your Membership, or if we give you extra time to pay if you do not pay your Joining Fee, Administration Fee, Membership Amount or Annual Membership Amount when it falls due, that will not prevent us from subsequently enforcing the terms of this Agreement.
- We may assign the benefit of this Agreement and our rights to a third party provided we give you notice and your rights under this Agreement will not be prejudiced.
- We consider the safety of our members and our staff to be paramount. We reserve the right to refuse any application for Membership or terminate an existing Membership where we consider that that Membership may pose a risk to the health and/or safety of other members or staff. If this happens, we will notify you of this and refund all unused Joining Fees, Administration Fees, Membership Amount or Annual Membership Amount.
Member satisfaction surveys
- From time to time we may choose to invite some of our members to participate in a survey of satisfaction. This invitation will usually be by e-mail.
- At our discretion member satisfaction survey participation may be associated with a prize draw offering gifts or discounts of varying amounts to participants. Members that respond to such an invitation by completing the satisfaction survey by the advertised closing date will be entered into the draw.
- Eligible participants will only be entered once into a particular draw. A winner will be chosen at random from all entrants to that draw within 90 days of the closing date. Winners will be contacted after the prize is drawn to arrange receipt of the prize.
- Only you, the person named in the online joining process, can benefit from this Agreement.
- If any of the terms of this Agreement are invalid, unenforceable or illegal the remaining terms can still be enforced.
- The Cellar Arts Club C.I.C. its agents, employees and subcontractors are not liable for any loss, damage or theft of any of your property that you bring onto any of our premises. If such loss, damage or theft is caused by the negligent acts or omissions of The Cellar Arts Club C.I.C. or its agents, employees or subcontractors, our liability to you will be limited to £50.
- We may make reasonable changes to the Membership Agreement at any time. The latest version will be available on our website. From time to time we may contact you if there are any significant changes to the Membership Agreement.
- This Agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales.
Last Updated 09/10/2023